Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mother's Day


Oh wow!! Mother's Day came and went and here I am just now taking the time to write about it. "My day" was fabulous, Greg wanted to make Eggs Benedict for my mom, my sister and I...he did and they were great, we sat outside and watched the kids play. It was a lovely day!!! I love my hubby, he is the best husband in the world!


As I said before, Mother's Day has a new meaning to me...not only because now I am a mom and I understand my mom more and better but because I see the responsibility I have raising a child!!


I learned a lot from my mom; cook, bake, clean, work hard, respect others and much much more but, what still amazes me about my mom was her commitment to be a good wife and set a good example for us kids although I know sometimes she was in diagreement with my dad, she supported him and stood by him.

I still think about that today... and its a great example to follow...I think though, Greg and I talk a lot and we are on the same page with most things which makes it easier for me...


My parents have a great marriage still today, 45 years strong...I love seeing them hug and kiss, listen to Toni Bennett and smile at eachother. What an example of love and commitment.


So, to the point...I am committed to set a good example for my boys, be loving, supportive and stand by my husband...be a great mother guiding them as best as I can...and I pray everyday that God will help me achieve just that.


I don't know if you heard about the tragedy at The University of Virginia...Yeardley Love a senior, was beaten to death by her boyfriend. Both were Lacrosse players...tragic in every sense of the word, not only for the mother who lost her daughter (her dad passed away in 1993) but for the parents of her boyfriend who killed her.

I read an interview of his mom and she said "As a mother I never expected to be in a situation like this"...I can only imagine the questions she asks herself since that tragic day...was it my fault, should I have done something different when I was raising my son....what did I do wrong? Only God knows, she could have been the perfect mother. I don't know, its just a reminder again of the great responsibility we have.

So, as I think about celebrating Mother's Day, I also think about this great responsibility to raise responsible adults that treasure life and that would never think about hurting anyone.

I could go on writing about this but, I wont...its too sad. You can google it and read the whole story.


1 comment:

  1. A great reminder to treasure our little ones, and take the responsibility we've been given with the weight that it carries. I'm so proud when I see my little ones make good choices and mature, but my heart aches when I think of the mistakes they will inevitably make later on, and I just hope we've raised them well enough that they won't be so serious.

    ReplyDelete