Saturday, May 22, 2010

I made it to 38 weeks!! and didn't think I would!

Neither my doctor nor I thought I would make it to 38 weeks...I am sitting at home, eating cherries and enjoying my baby and my hubby. I am so thankful I have been able to carry this baby so far without any complications or very few problems I should say...God is good!!
I am off next week, doctor's orders...I am bummed really because I think the week would go by much faster for me...but I need to listen...just like I tell Bennett.

I got lots of good advice from my friends (moms of patients) this last week...so, I am trying to do a few of those things...one of them said, You have your over night bag ready right? and I said...aaaaah...No? and it is still not ready but I will work on it this weekend.
Another idea was to get my other car seat ready and put a baby in it so Bennett can start to get used to it...great idea...I'm doing that this weekend as well...I also got a few things for the baby...I think I am ready....right?

Any advice, suggestions????

I am excited, hopeful, joyful, a little nervous...and honestly a little scared... Greg just said he is ready to move on to the next stage...and I said what do you mean the next stage? and he said...You not being pregnant... I wonder why? :)

Please pray that everything goes well and we don't have any complications, that God leads the surgeons hands and that next friday we have a healthy baby.

Will update you often!!!

Seriously....if you have any suggestions or advice.. PLEASE tell me...you think you are ready and then you ARE NOT!

2 comments:

  1. The best advice I could give is to spend some quiet time with Bennett. Just enjoy sitting with him reading a book, sing him a song, go for a walk together (if you can). Just enjoy those last few moments of it just being the two of you (three with daddy of course). Then take a moment for yourself. Get your pre-delivery pedicure, you will notice your toes at the silliest moment! Go sit and enjoy a quiet hot meal, the next one may not be as soon as you think. Finally, sit and really feel those baby kicks, enjoy the amazing feeling, say all of those things you are thinking to him as you sit there. Write down your feelings as they are right now, it is wonderful to go back and read how you felt. God Bless and we will be thinking of you on Friday. The Faller Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you...you are so right...I will do that...I am so emotional right now I cant stop crying...its funny!!
    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete