Thursday, August 18, 2011

Bennett's First Day of School




It is unbelievable to me that my baby is going to school, I feel like I just had him, like he just took his first step. 
I was nervous about many things including... no pull ups. We got up and he asked, "Mommy, are we going to school today?" I said yes!! are you excited? He said, yeah! Gave me a little relief since I was already having a little bit of anxiety about all this. 

When we got there, a couple of little girls were crying and right away I noticed he was uneasy...I thought "here we go", we put his back pack and lunch box down and I gave him his last minute "reminders". I felt like I was in a football game and I was talking to one of the kids in the team before I sent him into the field...the battle field! His daddy was saying goodbye and I heard Bennett say something like...."I am not going to....and of course I thought....I am not going to stay here!  Turns out he told Greg, "I am not going to cry" which obviously almost made me cry. I showed him where the legos were and off we went, against my will truthfully, Greg kept grabbing my hand and pulling it saying "Come on sweetie!" while I was thinking "Don't sweetie me right now, I want to make sure my baby is okay before I leave!"
Last picture I took before "sweetie" pulled me out of the room!



Three hours later and many "I hope he is okay"...We picked him up and he was smiling, happy with his little tail he had made attached to his waist...so cute! We did not have any accidents!! (huge relief) I could not feel any happier! He loves his lunch box and "his backpack". I bought him one he did not like so he uses his daddy's bike riding backpack (daddy is not happy about it ) It goes down to his knees, I think its the cutest thing in the world!  
Daddy's Backpack

xo,L

No comments:

Post a Comment