Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 2

Today, We worked at a church that is about 300 years old. It was beautiful and a beautiful setting for us. We saw about 40 patients and gave out lots of toys, balloons, nail polish and more. It is so much fun to do this it's hardly work. Although i will admit my feet, back and neck kill!
The highlight of my day was a patient I translated for on Sunday. Her name is Juanita and she is 8 months old. She has a cleft lip and palate that was corrected today...she was beautiful even with the cleft and after the surgery she just looked like a little angel. ( I will post the post op picture later after I download my pictures. )

God gives us gifts and talents, the question is, do we use them? Many
times I considered becoming a surgeon because I felt like I could "really" make a difference in people's lives but the reality is; it doesn't matter wether you can fix a cleft lip, pull an abscessed tooth or paint little girls fingernails, it's all about actually doing it and changing lives... Including ours!!! Because BELIEVE me, it is more blessed to give then to receive!
Stay tuned!!! And thanks for stopping by!
Count your blessings!!!
xo,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment