Saturday, October 2, 2010

Traveling...Torture or Fun.

I love to travel. I inherited the love for traveling from my dad. I remember him coming back from his adventures in exotic places and just listening to him in awe! He would start the story when we dropped him off at the airport and end it right before we picked him up.

My "exotic" travel at this time includes California and Iowa.  Yes, pretty exotic.! Over time, we have made some adjustments and this last trip was....let's just say... better.  There are some great products out there that make life easier when you travel ... I always say: "Why didn't I think of that?!"



My Travel Necessities:

1)Backpacks
Hands are free and can hold hands, bottles, suitcases...and of course we check our suitcases.













2) Baby Bjorn
 They used to be bulky and hot but the new one is easy to put on and not hot at all. pretty cool!

3) Go Go Baby Z
We placed Bennett's car seat on it and wheeled him around everywhere and he thought he was the coolest kid in the airport! It is safe, he was contained and the best part was...we didn't have to chase him all over the airport or worry about him laying on the floor! (mom is ....kind of a germaphobe) Which brings me to my next necessity....A CAR SEAT in the airplane.





Greg pulling Bennett while he is still sleeping.






4) Car seat in the plane
No more pulling Bennett from under the seat and no more grabbing other passenger's stuff. They are comfortable and used to their car seat so they don't mind it as much.
Just working on something to prevent him from kicking the person in front of him. :)

5) And the greatest invention from  Apple yet....
The iPad
Movies, Games, Music, Books and more, ...super light and easy to carry. TOTALLY WORTH THE MONEY. The best baby sitter in the whole entire world, I NEVER leave home without it.











5)Pronto Changing Station
This is the greatest changing station, I just had to post the link because it is just such a great product. I just laid it in the seat next to me and changed diapers. Check it out it is awesome.
http://www.skiphop.com/product/202000.html










6)Clorox Wipes


Yes,  I am a germaphobe, I don't think there is anything wrong with it. :) I carry clorox wipes in a ziploc bag and clean tables, chairs, wipe around my seat in the airplane and a few other things.

SO, now when I travel and get the dirty looks when people see me coming in the plane with 2 kids, I just smile and say I have my IPad!! and I apologize to the people around me ahead of time.

Because I am so attached to my IPad and think every parent with children under 5 should have one, we have a contest for one in our facebook page. Sooo, if you don't have one yet or have one but need another one, go on our facebook page and enter the drawing. Trust me you will love it.

So, traveling.. torture or fun? Mmmmmmmm.......Both!




No comments:

Post a Comment