Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Torture

As I have said before, I LOOVE, talking to other moms. I don't have a life outside work and my family which is fine with me...not complaining here. But, when I talk to moms about everyday things, life, kids, husbands and such, its like going to Starbucks, getting my Tall Extra Dry Capuccino and chatting with a girlfriend. Hence, my running late all the time with my schedule. 

I think I have posted a few of my obsessions...not hobbies, I call them obsessions because that is what they are, I go crazy when I have time to do a "small project" ( I won't define "small project" for lack of time space but lets just say its not small : 0 )  One of my obsessions is... I don't even know what to call it...Stamping? sounds simple and straight forward right? well let me tell YOU it is NOT.

Today, JDC was in the office for her daughter's appointment and of course SHE HAS to tell me about this blog.... http://inkingidaho.blogspot.com (I am posting it so I can pass on the torture to someone else) We are sharing with each other about things we do and we find out, we are very much alike. We are both CRAZY....Yes, crazy obsessed with "projects" we never get to do. 

We want to do EVERYTHING and we simply don't. Why you ask? Simple.... GUILT....Mother's guilt. If I am not doing something for my kids or with my kids...ITS WRONG!!!! I am a bad mom.... AH it kills me!

Back to my story. Of course as soon as the boys go down, what do I do? Instead of working on my other 100 projects for the office. I decide to torture myself, I go into this blog and look at all this stuff that I would love to make....I am thinking I am going to buy these tutorials so I can make my own Christmas cards or Birthday cards....or this or that for my office. WHO AM I KIDDING??? No one, I just want to torture myself.
 I will probably buy a tutorial, then call my Stampin' Up favorite person Lorri Heiling (http://stampingaddict.blogspot.com/)  and place a huge order so that I have everything I need to make whatever I decide to do when I have time. Hilarious...when I have time. 

There is no moral to this story...the feel good part about this story is:

  • There are other moms as crazy as I am which...makes me feel better about myself 
  • There are other moms that feel the same mother's guilt regardless of them being a stay at home mom or a working mom like me and that also makes me feel better about myself
  • I am not alone...one way or another we are all the same. Sharing is what matters. We are all in this boat together and although we might be very different we all go through similar challenges in our family life and when you know you are not alone or the only one feeling a certain way....IT MAKES YOU FEEL BETTER
So... I am feeling better. My "play room" will continue to be a "dumping ground" for my projects for a while but I am not alone. 

A friend recently asked me if I was getting enough sleep and I said of course not!!  I have a 4 month old! She smiled and said that moms get their sleep when they are in heaven after their job is done.  Mmmmm, I don't think so, instead of sleeping  I probably will be chasing God, asking questions about EVERYTHING... Likely, He will ask one of his angels to please send me back to earth as soon as possible. 



One thing is for sure, come hell or high water,  I am baking this weekend. Of course, after the boys go down for naps! 

No comments:

Post a Comment