Wednesday, September 15, 2010

What I have learned as the mom of a 2 year old...



Bennett...climbing, Brock on the baby bjorn...screaming and mommy having a panic attack...making waffles!


























MY TOP 5:

1. NEVER JUDGE
2. NEVER say never
3. SOMETHING is better than nothing
4. I AM NOT nor will I ever be good enough
5. Learn from your mistakes AND MOVE OOON!

1. NEVER JUDGE....WHY?
Simple, because you will be judged. NO more judging people from the contents of their shopping cart or the behavior of their children.

The waffle story. Every time I saw people buying frozen waffles I rolled my eyes, and thought to myself; what is the matter with these people?
The other day, I tried to make waffles, Brock was screaming for attention, Bennett was climbing on the chairs and I was trying to make waffles. I put Brock on the baby bjorn, and thought, no problem, I can do this. After about 30 minutes and a huge mess, Bennett was eating waffles and I was exhausted already. Will I buy frozen waffles? No, BUT I will only make them if Greg is here.

2. NEVER SAY NEVER..... WHY?
Because everything I said I would never do with my kids, I have already done...and if I haven't it is only a matter of time until I do. ie, using electronics as a babysitter....among other things that I am too embarrassed to admit.

3. SOMETHING is better than nothing
Some sleep is better than none, your children eating something good for them is better than nothing...Bennett cooperating for some of his exercises in gym class is better than no cooperation at all. AND SO ON....

4. I AM NOT NOR WILL I EVER BE PERFECT
I think this is true for all moms...if not, I guess there are some that are actually perfect!

We are all hard on ourselves. If the kids get sick,...I should have been more careful, if they don't do well in school, I should have spent more time with homework...if they get in trouble...it's our fault. If they get cavities...I don't floss enough... If, if, if...could have, should have, would have.
BUT do we ever give ourselves any credit for ALL the things we do right? The answer is NO, we don't. That's okay, at least it keeps me trying.

5.Learn from your mistakes and MOVE OOON!
Need I say more? Why do I punish myself ? Is it just me?

I am sure I have a lot more to learn, that is what life is about...and I can't wait to find out.
Thanks for reading and sharing....

2 comments:

  1. A wonderful post! Thank you for helping me to remember that we are all human and to give myself a break. I know I am not perfect and my kids eat frozen waffles :) Sometimes they even eat frozen pancakes :) hee hee!! Keep smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...who knew frozen pancakes!! You go girl, whatever it takes to get through the day!!
    :0

    ReplyDelete