Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Day at home

Christmas is a very special time for me, wonderful memories of time spent with family and friends, my parents always made it memorable.

I want to make it special for my babies too so, gearing up for Christmas we made cookies (not as many or as nice as I would have liked), chocolate covered pretzels (something Granny used to do but since she passed away a few months ago, we continued her tradition), we made Christmas cards for our family and friends (with blood, sweat and tears as you will see), had dinner with family and friends we love as family and we opened presents. Bennett got a Buzz Lightyear but to my surprise the $5.99 electric guitar was the hit...so much for the fancy toy, although I got a good deal!

We visited Sunshine Acres and brought pizza and brownies for the kids. We brought the donations we collected at the office, it was fun and sad at the same time. Seeing children there without parents to love on them broke my heart. We plan and save and dream about  how our kids' lives will be and these children have no one to do that for them.  Hopefully their hope is in God, He will never fail them.

More than anything we spent time with family...I did not have that for many years so, it is a real treat to have them around and to see my boys hanging out with cousins...is priceless. So, I put together a little video for the family and I thought I would share it with you my friends...Obviously not a pro...but enjoy it anyway! The pictures at the end are a few of the pictures we took to get "one" for our Christmas card...it is always fun to try to get the perfect picture!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment