Monday, July 5, 2010

In everything give thanks...


After we got home, I felt pretty good...a week after I was back in the hospital with complications...I have to honestly say, I was scared and felt so sad to not be able to take care of my boys for 4 days while I was recovering from surgery...again!

3 weeks later, Bennett was in the hospital with a gastrointestinal virus. My WORST nightmare, what a feeling of desperation to want to make your baby feel better and not be able to. We both recovered and were back home after a few days...Praise God!
In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus. I Th 5:18
I always heard it from my parents...be thankful for everything and I am.
I am thankful for what happened because it reminded me of how fragile life can be and that only God has control, not me. I can't make my baby feel better, no matter what I do. I am thankful to God for helping me get through it and providing a loving family that is there for me.
I wish everyone had the support of family, it makes things so much easier!

1 comment:

  1. So happy to hear the Bennett is better! It is a helpless feeling, we went through a similar scare with Ella. Give him extra hugs, extra thanks to God, and it is okay to cry now! Tears of relief. See you on Monday!

    ReplyDelete