Sunday, July 11, 2010

Going back to work....




Tomorrow is my official first day back and I am not ready. I didn't expect to feel this way but I am really struggling. When I had Bennett he seemed to not need me as much, he was more comfortable laying in his crib, than being held and it was easier for me to not feel so guilty leaving him. Brock loves to be held by anyone but most of the time, he will only want me. I never had that with Bennett so, I don't know if he is ready for me to go back to work.
I am sad...I guess every working mom goes through this, I am sure everyone cries going back to work. I know I probably will. We shall see how he does and go from there, I may have to make adjustments to my schedule. I love my job and my kiddos at work but my boys are my life.

Bennett is doing really good with Brock, he told me this afternoon that he loves his baby brother, I said to him, I hope you feel the same way when you are 15...to what Greg replied..."he won't"...he knows, he has 2 brothers. :)

Although Bennett is doing great, there are a couple of things we are having issues with, the pacifier and the bottle...Bennett would not take a pacifier after he was 6-8 months old and now, we wants them AGAIN! I don't want to make a big deal and tell him that he can't have them and make him feel like Brock can and he can't. He asks for milk all the time and wants the paci...its kind of funny really because he has asked me to hold him to sleep a few times when I am holding Brock... I am kind of liking that since he is not a cuddly baby but, hopefully we will get over this soon.

1 comment:

  1. First, it was wonderful to see you today! The girls were thrilled!

    Now,I am so sorry that you are having such a struggle with this in your life right now. I could see in your eyes today that it was a tough time for you. Please know that you are SUCH a wonderful dentist and you make our children feel SOOO loved. You are kind and loving and patient with them, they feel safe and secure! I can only imagine that your boys feel all of these things as well. They know they are loved, cared for, protected, and cherished! Do the same for yourself. Cry if you need to, take more time if you need to, snuggle your boys WHENEVER you need to! No one knows what you need right now better then you.

    As for Bennett and the paci, Ella did the same thing when Riley was born. I was the mean mommy -- no paci for her, she survived and is happy today :) :) Besides, you don't want to be paying for that "summer home" with me.

    Take care of you!!!

    ReplyDelete