Monday, April 5, 2010

EASTER SUNDAY

Bennett 10 minutes old!
Bennett in his Easter egg hunt!!


Getting ready and making a big mess!!!

Easter Sunday is an incredibly special day for me....I will explain....

This year was the first year Bennett got to have an Easter egg hunt. I did not expect him to be into it but...HE WAS!!! So, we decorated 3 eggs..it took about 10 minutes and we made a big old mess...then on Sunday, he had fun finding eggs in the backyard with his cousin Ian.


I must admit that I did put jelly beans on the plastic eggs (3 jelly beans on each), luckily, he had no interest in them !!! Daddy and Mommy ate them all!!! (ONLY ON EASTER!!!) ....Confession....Greg and I love jelly beans....is that awful or what??? this is classified information!! ok???? and we only eat them on special days...like Easter! The rest of the eggs had cars and aliens....which he is now getting into....


I want to make all these celebrations "special" for him. I want him to have great memories of growing up in a loving home. I think we all love to think back about the "old days" and remember fun times, loved ones and those little things that make us who we are. I hope someday he will be able to do the same with his own kids...and remember!


I Love Easter Sunday because we celebrate Jesus' resurrection and the meaning that has in our lives. The sacrifice of love for us although we don't deserve it. God is so merciful!!!

My Bennett was born Easter Sunday...it was a very difficult and scary delivery...I was out for almost 2 days and did not get to hold him because I was so sick... but, what an incredible gift and just like the resurrection is...a new beginning...a new beginning as a mom...a dad....a family!! I am sooo grateful for the incredible opportunity to be a mom and I look forward to life with my boys...the 3 of them....Bennett, dad and baby Brock...coming end of May...
Do you feel so blessed to be a mom? scared like me sometimes? what gets you through?
Anyway, thanks for reading...this is my therapy before going to bed... :)
Jesus is Risen.......He is Risen Indeed!!!...this is what gets me through!

2 comments:

  1. I am praising God along with you for the sacrifice of his son...can you imagine? When you consider how much we love our boys? His love for us is incomprehensible, that he died for us while we were yet sinners. Thank you Jesus, for paying the price for our sin and conquering death on our behalf! I'm sure you're getting more uncomfortable as you get closer to delivery, I pray you receive supernatural strength. I know I am blessed to be a mom, my kids bring me so much joy! It is my privilege to hold the unique role of mom in the lives of these 3 incredible individuals. God has taught me so much about my relationship with him through my relationship with my kids. The only things that will last for eternity are built through relationships... this is where to invest yourself! God bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN SISTER!!!

    Thank you so much for sharing!!

    Incomprehensible Love indeed!!!

    ReplyDelete