Monday, September 5, 2011

Time stands still

I tried to prepare myself as much as I could for this moment. As always, it has proven to be useless. NOTHING can prepare you for 3 babies 3 and under. It seems like they are conspiring against Greg and I by not sleeping through the night...the 3 of them!

I admit, I am overwhelmed which is a lot for me to say because not much bothers me but...man, it is hard. I am sure it will get much easier and once our routine is established it will be much better but,  it sure is a challenge.


Although I struggle with fears of not being the best mommy and wife that I would like to be, I try to focus on doing just that...trying to be the best mommy and wife that I can be. Time for me... stands still when I spend time with each of them, I treasure each moment, each smile, burp, gas, and everything else that comes with being a mom, I especially find sleeping time absolutely delicious with each of them...at this point they all want "mamma" to go to sleep and I will enjoy and hold on to that for as long as I can.

As overwhelmed, tired, sleep deprived and everything else...as I am, I would not have it any other way. I love my husband  and my children more than words can say.

The boys are loving their sister and always want to touch her and kiss her...they get upset if she cries and tell me "Mommie, Brecken is crying!" I hope they will continue that for the rest of their lives.
Life is good...and it will be better as soon as I can get 3 hours of sleep at one time.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment