Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sometimes....I hate my job!

I really...really...love what I do.  It is rewarding, surprising, uplifting, inspiring, interesting, challenging, encouraging and I really can't see me doing anything else.

There is one thing I hate about it...a phone call about a baby and an accident. Even worse, a baby that is close to my own baby's age and the icing on the cake...when you don't get to tell mom, it is going to be okay.

This happened again this morning, I was at a meeting and got "the phone call" I get back to the office, look at the tooth and immediately think to myself "Oh, No!  This tooth is done, I know, I don't need an x-ray, I know.

We take the x-ray, we confirm the diagnosis, mom is crying, I am trying hard NOT to cry and remain professional but I just want to hug her and say, I totally get it...I KNOW!!

Mom and dad help and were totally awesome, we remove the tooth...I should say the pieces of tooth and I think we were all ready for a drink or at least I was....although I don't really drink.

My little guy is totally recovered, happy with a balloon a popsicle and lots of love. He was so brave!

Broken Pieces! :(
No Tooth!
N

Happy Camper!

I guess I can't complain and I shouldn't really because I get to help my little guys and their families get through a tough time and that is a goood thing!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment