Thursday, April 19, 2012

The little girl I am going back for in July.

I am on a mission. When we visited one of the villages and we were doing crafts with the kids, I noticed this little girl was holding the cross right in front of her eyes, I also saw her hold her crayons super close to her face.  I wondered why but, I was not very close to her until I got her on the chair to pull a tooth! 

Once she was close to me, I noticed she had a cataract on her left eye. You can see in the picture that her left eye has a white spot on it. She was likely born with it and as time has gone by, it keeps getting worse and it will continue to worsen until she goes blind. 

I asked her if she had seen a doctor and she said "yes, but they told me I was too young to have surgery" which is not true.  If she waits longer she will be blind in a few years. 
So, in July we are going back to Valladolid and I am going to look for her and bring her to the hospital for surgery. I am excited for her even though she has no clue! Our family donated a ophthalmic microscope and we are trying to help purchase more equipment for eye surgery. I can hardly wait. 

If you or someone you know is an Ophthalmologist or an Optometrist, please....PLEASE consider coming!
You may save a life!

 A man that had surgery told my dad he was going to kill himself because he did not want to be a burden to his family anymore...he could not work because he was blind!  Do you think it was a coincidence when the ophthalmologist chose him and 79 more patients out of a crowd of almost 300? NO way, not a coincidence. A MIRACLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment